K1XT is far more than an innovative and very efficient PA loudspeaker for major events. The K1XT system convinces with optimum values in all criteria and delivers an outstanding efficiency:
- Maximum acoustical performance
- Controlled low-range directivity
- Greatly reduced power consumption
- Vastly simplified wiring
- Minimum weight
- Much shorter rigging and de-rigging times
- Considerably simplified logistics
The K1XT is a PA system for smart pros:
148 cm (58.3 in.) of physical width and the front-loaded drivers – 2 x 15“, 4 x 8“ and 1 x 440 mm (17.3 in.) HF line array – plus the two 12“ side woofers result in an acoustical width of 225 cm (88.6 in.). Presumably the most powerful design worldwide!
As if those weren’t already enough arguments to achieve optimum values, the individual 8-ohm ways are actively driven by four discrete amplifier channels. This innovative design results in a fully controllable low range directivity, which on the front yields a more precise bass response down to 30 Hz and excels by an attenuation greater than 20 dB on the rear.
From an acoustical point of view this is a 2 x 20“ line-array system featuring a controllable LF directivity with a power handling of 5 kW AES in the bass range alone. Over an acoustical width of 225 cm (88.6 in.) the entire energy is coupled to the environment in a phase-linear way.
The fully integrated rigging enables flying up to 28 x K1XT elements as a hanging arc. This results in a perfect line-array of 12.6 metres (41.3 ft.) in length, which on an area greater than 20 m² (215 sqft.) couples acoustically to the environment above 30 Hz in a phase-linear way. The rigging has been designed to military standards and allows angling between 0 and 6 degrees in 0.5- and 1-degree steps.
As downfill VT16 line-array elements can be adapted directly under a K1XT column.
Up to four K1XT elements are driven in a 4-way active mode by a 20.4-DSP system amplifier via an 8-pole Ca-Com cable. 24 K1XTs require only a single 1 x 32A / 400V power outlet.
Heads up now: when combined with the light-weight flying frame, 9 K1XTs plus 3 x VT16s (downfill) can be flown on a 1-ton motor. Our statement applies here as well: presumably the most powerful line-array on a 1-ton motor.
The K1XT system sets all new performance standards and delivers maximum results at an unbeatable cost-benefit ratio.
- LF front drivers: 2 x 15” long-excursion, bass reflex design
- LF side drivers: 2 x 12” long-excursion, bass reflex design
- MF drivers: 4 x 8“ bass reflex, symmetrically arranged around the HF driver
- HF drivers: 1 x 440 mm (17.3 in.) line-array system, horn-loaded
- Overall power handling (RMS / program): 6,200 W / 12,400 W
- Max. SPL: 145 dB
- Frequency response: 30 Hz to 18 kHz (when run on system amplifier)
- Linear acoustic phase response from 50 Hz to 18 kHz
- Directivity: 90 degrees horizontal
- Impedance: 4 x 8 ohms
- Integrated stainless steel 3-point flying mechanics for angles between 0 and 6 degrees in 0.5 and 1 degree steps
- Weight: 96 kg (211.9 lbs.)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 1.480 x 450 x 700 mm / 800 mm (58.3 x 17.7 x 27.6 / 31.5 in.) with dolly
- Four ergonomic handles
- Water-repellent acoustic foam behind the grille
- 5 years warranty
- Made & engineered in Germany
Accessories & Downloads
Accessories available soon.