With its elegant and timeless look, extensive mounting options and perfect sound, the MT5.2 is the first choice for installations and smaller mobile sound reinforcement systems. The superb electro-acoustic design produces maximum sound levels with optimal enforcement and tonality.
Sound, design and core values
This type of loudspeaker often contains dome tweeters and ferrite magnets on a sheet metal basket. In contrast, the MT5.2 – typical for ProAudio Technology systems – shows best values. The two direct radiating 5″ bass-midrange drivers and the 1″ HF compression driver on a conical 100° horn provide a remarkable efficiency of 95 dB / 1W (1m half space) at lowest weight. All drivers are equipped with neodymium drive. The tweeter is designed as a powerful compression driver capable of delivering high levels up to 22 kHz. The sophisticated passive crossover network separates both paths phase-coherently over several octaves and, with a power handling capacity of 1,200 W (peak), enables low-distortion and uncompressed reproduction at high levels.
In combination with the system subwoofers of the SW and VS series, powerful complete systems are created. Together with the compact SW12 subwoofer, this results in a high performance mini-PA.
Details and solutions
The high-quality and weatherproof housing is available in black as standard. The loudspeaker front is protected by a stable, hexagonal perforated front grille and backed with a water-repellent acoustic foam. Two SpeakOn sockets are located at the rear. In addition, a third SpeakOn socket is available on the bottom side.
Multifunctional threads are positioned on five sides in a practical fashion and allow a wide range of mounting options for almost any imaginable mounting position.
The MT5.2 meets the highest demands of modern architecture and design. The speaker is optionally available in different colours and effects. Even chrome-plated versions can be manufactured as special models.
- Mounting LF: 2 x 5″, low-distortion, long excursion, bass reflex
- Equipment HF: 1 x 1″, coaxial, low-distortion
- Horn HF (h x v): 100 degrees, radial
- Magnet system: LF and HF neodymium
- Power rating: 300 W (AES) / 1,200 W (PEAK)
- Sensitivity: 95 dB (1 W / 1 m)
- Maximum sound pressure: 125 dB (peak, 1 m, half space)
- Frequency range: 70 Hz – 20,000 Hz on system amplifiers
- Phase response: 100 Hz to 20,000 Hz linear, on system amplifiers
- Crossover: High power handling, extremely low distortion
- Impedance: 8 Ohm (passive), 4 tops on one channel, 8 tops on a 4-core cable
- SpeakON sockets: 3
- Designed for uncompromising continuous use at very high levels
- Multifunctional M6 and M8 mounting points on five sides
- Rubber feet for standing operation
- Water-repellent acoustic foam behind the front grille
- Weight: 6 kg
- Dimensions: 315 x 150 x 198 mm (H x W x D)
- 5 years warranty, highest reliability
- Made & engineered in Germany
Accessories & Downloads