The SW28 is a direct radiating subwoofer to be operated on system amplifiers. The compact bass reflex system is equipped with two 18″ cone chassis and, owing to its linear tuning, produces a controlled low-end that goes down below 40 Hz. Symmetrically arranged port holes ensure an optimal coupling between several systems in a multiple configuration.
Electrically the SW28 is ready for cardioid operation mode.
A total of four Speakon sockets – two on the rear and two on the front – enable a front/rear system cabling without specially configured reversible cables.
The practice-oriented setups for the omnidirectional and cardioid operating modes ensure a safe operation and a linear transmission behaviour. In cardioid mode the SW28 subwoofers achieve a controlled radiation pattern with excellent rear damping.
Regarding its acoustical, mechanical and visual properties, the SW28 is compatible with the SW18 subwoofer. Both can be combined among each other and driven in omnidirectional or cardioid mode as required. Combined with our tops high-performance fullrange systems can be realised in various configuration levels.
„Through our partner company we were made aware of the SW18 subs. Following tests in various applications and very different numbers, we got ourselves a whole bunch of SW18s.“
(Technical service provider from Middle Germany)
- Components: 1 x 18″, VC 100 mm, Neodym
- Power handling: 1.000 W (AES) / 4.000 (PEAK)
- Sensitivity: 96 dB (1 W / 1 m)
- SPL peak: 138 dB (Peak, 1 m, half space)
- Lower cut-off (passiv): 38 Hz (-6 dB) / 35 Hz (-10 dB)
- Operation modes: omnidirectional and cardioid (with system-amplifier)
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Weight: 35 kg
- Dimension: 585 x 580 x 605 mm (H x W x D)
- Truck dimension: in all three axles
- Fittings: 4 handles, rubber feets and grooves, M20 flange, acoustic foam behind grille
- Connectors: 4 SpeakON connectors for Front/Rear system cabeling
- Colour: Black (RAL 9005), other colours on request
- Warranty: 5 years
Accessories & Downloads
- LID-SW28 Front lid, clampable onto SW28 front
- DOL2-SW28 Alu dolly for stacked SW28, prepared for tool-free levelling outriggers
- DOL-SW1828 Multi dolly for SW18 / SW28
- COV1-SW28 Protective cover for SW28 with wheels on rear side
- COV-SW1828 Protective cover for combination with DOL-SW1828
- DSK Distance pole with winder
- OUTR4 Tool-free levelling outrigger for DOL2-SW28