The VS18 is a direct-radiating, flyable subwoofer to be operated on system amplifiers. The compact bass reflex system is equipped with an 18“ cone driver and, due to its linear tuning, produces a controlled low-end down to below 30 Hz. With multiple stackings the symmetrically arranged port holes ensure an optimum coupling of the systems among each other.
Electrically the VS18 is ready for the cardioid operating mode.
A total of four Speakon sockets – two on the back and two on the front – allow a front/rear system wiring without the need for custom-made reversible cables.
The practice-oriented setups for the omnidirectional and cardioid drive guarantee a safe operation and a linear transmission behaviour. In cardioid mode the VS18 subwoofers achieve a controlled directivity pattern with an excellent rear attenuation.
In acoustical, mechanical and visual terms the VS18 is compatible with the VS28 subwoofer. Both may be combined in omnidirectional or cardioid mode as you choose.
- Components: 1 x 18″, VC 100 mm, Neodym
- Power handling: 1.250 W (AES) / 5.000 (PEAK)
- Sensitivity: 96 dB (1 W / 1 m)
- SPL peak: 139 dB (Peak, 1 m, half space)
- Lower cut-off (passiv): 30 Hz (-6 dB) / 27 Hz (-10 dB)
- Operation modes: omnidirectional and cardioid (with system-amplifier)
- Impedance: 8 Ohm
- Weight: 46 kg
- Dimension: 495 x 700 x 780 mmm (H x W x D)
- Truck dimension: in one axle
- Fittings: 4 handles, rubber feets and grooves, M20 flange, acoustic foam behind grille
- Optional: Fully integrated flying mechanics for VT20 line-array system
- Connectors: 4 SpeakON connectors for Front/Rear system cabeling
- Colour: Black (RAL 9005), other colours on request
- Warranty: 5 years
Accessories & Downloads
- DOL-VS1828 Wheel dolly for VS18 and VS28
- COV2-VS18 Protective cover for two VS18 or one VS28
- COV3-VS18 Protective cover for three VS18 or one VS28 and one VS18
- DSK Distance pole with winder