The VT16 line array loudspeaker is in a league of its own thanks to its two 8” low-midrange drivers, symmetrically arranged around the low-distortion and horn-loaded 1,4” high-frequency driver. And that with a system width of 60 cm. With a linear stroke of almost 10 mm and sufficient volume, the high-performance neodymium drivers in the bass reflex cabinet deliver amazing levels and tonality beginning at 50 Hz.
The integrated passive crossover separates the LF and HF channels without distortion and regardless of the level. It thus offers uncompromising operational reliability for mobile applications. The VT16 has a nominal impedance of 12 Ohm. This means that 6 elements can be easily controlled with one channel from a 10.4-DSP or 20.4-DSP system amplifier.
The fully integrated three-point flight mechanism made of stainless steel allows vertical angles from 0 to 8 degrees in 1 degree steps and enables arrays of 16 x VT16 elements. The 10 kg lightweight flying frame and 6 x VT16 elements together weigh only 136 kg! Thus the setup fits perfectly to 150 kg lifts with suspension points starting from 4.40 meters height.
Four different setups with different crossover frequencies are available for system amplifiers. Together with the VS15 system subwoofers – alternatively with the SW18 and VS18 subwoofers – a wide range of accessories can be used to quickly and easily create a wide variety of practical configurations at the highest level.
Stacking operation with 2 x to 4 x VT16 tops and 4 x VS15 or alternatively 3 x SW18 or 3 x VS18 subwoofers as well as flying operation with up to 16 tops are supported. In the maximum configuration level, one or even two vertical lines can be combined with VS15F subwoofers as so-called “Grand-Venue” applications.
The VT16 system guarantees the extremely economical operation of a complete and powerful front PA with 2 x 6 VT16 elements and 8 x VS15 (SW18 / VS18) subwoofers on a 10.4-DSP or 20.4-DSP system amplifier.
The exemplary Ease Focus 3 project shows a simulation with 6 x VT16 on the left and 6 x VT16 on the right at a listening zone with 50 meters depth and 35 meters width. The simulation shows between 2 meters and 50 meters at 2 kHz over 3 octaves A-weighted an extremely low level deviation of only +/- 2.5 dB. These are excellent results at the highest acoustic niveau!
Whether at classical, jazz and rock concerts, as a theatre installation or as a delay line for extreme applications such as “I Am Hardstyle” in Mannheim, the VT16 is a first-class choice in the double-8″ segment. The VT16 system delivers clean, low-distortion and powerful low-mids with very homogeneous radiation over the entire frequency range. The pronounced full-range capability is also ideally suited for industrial events, trade fairs and fixed installations that permit no or only a few subwoofers.
„The VT16 was able to convince hands down at its first live usage. You wouldn’t think that this small loudspeaker can deliver such an impressive directness and dynamics. I was really amazed that even in small arrays the lowmids needed to be cut slightly. The VT16 is a compact and powerful system that’s really fun to work with.“
(Markus Thiel, owner of event Pro)
- LF components: 2 x 8″, symmetrical to the HF waveformer, low-distortion, long excursion with bass reflex
- HF components: 1 x 1.4″, extremely low-distortion
- HF horn system: phase coherent radiation, optimal waveformer with horn
- Radiation pattern (h x v): 90 x 15 degrees
- Magnet system: LF and HF neodymium
- Power rating: 450 W (AES) / 1,800 W (PEAK)
- Sensitivity: 100 dB (1 W / 1 m), after Ease > 100 dB
- Maximum sound pressure: 139 dB (peak, 1 m, half space)
- Frequency range: 50 Hz – 20,000 Hz on system amplifiers
- Phase response: 100 Hz to 20,000 Hz linear on system amplifiers
- Crossover: High power handling, extremely low distortion
- Impedance: 12 Ohm (passive), 6 elements on one channel, 12 elements on a 4-wire cable
- SpeakON sockets: 2
- Designed for uncompromising continuous use at very high levels
- Integrated 3-point stainless steel flight mechanism for angles from 0 to 8 degrees in 1 degree steps
- Water-repellent acoustic foam behind the front grille
- Four ergonomic handles
- Weight: 21 kg
- Dimensions: 580 x 245 x 440 mm (W x H x D)
- Truck dimensions with transport dolly or case
- 5 years warranty, longtime proven, highest reliability
- Made & engineered in Germany
Accessories & Downloads
- DOL-VT16 transport dolly for VT16 and FRAME16-VT16
- FRAME16-VT16 flying frame for max. 16 x VT16 or 9 x VS15
- COV4-VT16 Protective cover for four VT16 in a dolly