The VT8 line array loudspeaker with its 8” low-midrange driver and the low-distortion and horn-loaded 1,4” high-frequency driver is the wolf in sheep’s clothing in a handy size. With a system width of 43 cm and a system depth of 44 cm, the 8” high-performance neodymium chassis in a bass reflex cabinet delivers amazing levels from 50 Hz, coupled with excellent tonality.
The integrated passive crossover separates the LF and HF channels without distortion and regardless of the level. It thus offers uncompromising operational reliability for mobile applications. The VT8 has a nominal impedance of 16 Ohm. This means that 8 elements can be easily controlled with one channel of a 10.4-DSP or 20.4-DSP system amplifier.
The fully integrated three-point flight mechanism made of stainless steel allows vertical angles from 0 to 8 degrees in 1 degree steps and enables arrays of 16 x VT8 elements. The 9 kg lightweight flying frame and 8 x VT8 elements together weigh only 137 kg! Thus a system setup with 4 to 8 x VT8 fits perfectly to 150 kg lifts.
Four different setups with different crossover frequencies are available for system amplifiers. Together with the VS15 system subwoofers – alternatively with the SW18 and VS18 subwoofers – a wide range of accessories can be used to quickly and easily create a wide variety of practical configurations at the highest level.
Stacking operation with 2 to 4 x VT8 tops and 4 x VS15 or alternatively 3 x SW18 or 3 x VS18 subwoofers as well as flight operation with up to 16 tops are supported as setup types. In the maximum expansion stage, one or even two vertical lines can be combined with VS15F subwoofers as so-called “Grand-Venue” applications.
The VT8 system guarantees the extremely economical operation of a complete and powerful front PA with 2 x 8 VT8 elements and 8 x VS15 (SW18 / VS18) subwoofers on a 10.4-DSP or 20.4-DSP system amplifier. The slim appearance paired with the outstanding performance makes the VT8 the first choice for line arrays of this scale.
The exemplary Ease Focus 3 project shows a simulation with 6 x VT8 on the left and 6 x VT8 on the right at a listening zone of 50 meters depth and 35 meters width. The simulation shows an extremely low level deviation of only +/- 2.6 dB between 2 meters and 50 meters at 2 kHz over 3 octaves A-weighted. These are excellent results at the highest acoustic level!
Whether at classical, jazz and rock concerts, as a theatre installation or as a delay line for very large applications: The VT8 is a first-class choice in the 1 x 8” and 2 x 6,5” line array segment. The VT8 system delivers clean, low-distortion and powerful low-mids with very homogeneous radiation over the entire playback range. The pronounced full-range capability is also ideally suited for industrial events, trade fairs and fixed installations that allow no or only a few subwoofers.
„We used 2 x 8 VT8 elements at a big city festival. The organizer was not only more than satisfied with the sound, but also with the homogeneity of the reproduction on the 100 meter deep square. The decision to purchase the VT8 system was absolutely right and we are looking forward to future jobs.“
Event company from Dresden
- LF components: 1 x 8″, low-distortion, long excursion with bass reflex
- HF components: 1 x 1.4″, extremely low-distortion
- HF horn system: phase coherent radiation, optimal waveformer with horn
- Radiation pattern (h x v): 90 x 12 degrees
- Magnet system: LF and HF neodymium.
- Power rating: 280 W (AES) / 1,100 W (PEAK)
- Sensitivity: 97 dB (1 W / 1 m), according to Ease > 100 dB
- Maximum sound pressure: 133 dB (peak, 1 m, half space)
- Frequency range: 50 Hz – 20,000 Hz on system amplifiers
- Phase response: 100 Hz to 20,000 Hz linear on system amplifiers
- Crossover: High power handling, extremely low distortion
- Impedance: 16 Ohm (passive), 8 elements on one channel, 16 elements on a 4-pin cable
- SpeakON sockets: 2
- Designed for uncompromising continuous use at very high levels
- Integrated 3-point stainless steel flight mechanism for angles from 0 to 8 degrees in 1 degree steps
- Water-repellent acoustic foam behind the front grille
- Four ergonomic handles
- Weight: 16 kg
- Dimensions: 430 x 245 x 440 mm (W x H x D)
- Truck dimensions with transport dolly
- 5 years warranty, longtime proven, highest reliability
- Made & engineered in Germany
Accessories & Downloads
- DOL-VT8: transport dolly for VT8 and FRAME16-VT8
- FRAME16-VT16: flying frame for 16 VT8
- AD-VT8: adapter for up to three VT8s on a stand